Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) Policy
Ethicontrol is committed to the stewardship of the environment and to reducing the company's dependence on nonrenewable energy. This Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Policy (EPP) fortifies our commitment to sustainability.
The goal of this policy is to reduce the unfavourable environmental and social impacts of our purchasing decisions by buying goods and services from manufacturers and vendors who share our commitment to the environment.
Environmentally preferable purchasing is the method whereby environmental and social considerations are given equal weight to the price, availability, and performance criteria that colleges and universities use to make purchasing decisions.
The products purchased by Ethicontrol should embody the following principles:
- High Content from Post-Consumer Recycled Materials
- Low Embodied Energy (consumed to extract, manufacture, distribute and dispose)
- Recyclable, Compostable and Biodegradable
- Energy Efficient
- Durable and/or Repairable
- Produced in a Manner that Demonstrates Environmental, Social, and Ethical Values
- Minimal Packaging (packaging should also abide by the above principles)
- Afterlife Reuse/Regeneration Potential through the Company (carpeting, furniture, etc.)